Thursday, January 26, 2006

Avatars among us


An other boring day in the meat world? Here is a free advice. Find a place with a lot of people around. Try to pick up the elves and wizards hiding among the muggles passing by. Like that professor Choi, sitting at the next table (left picture). According to the BBC News his real name is Uroo Ahs (at the right).

Photojournalist Robbie Cooper captured images of these muggle world meat avatars and their real-life selves. Here are their stories.

Wired magazine has a nice story about Avatars among us. Inspired by that story I decided to get a Second Life, buy some virtual property, hang around and do some private eye research there. Maybe I can earn a little money there too. Who knows. I will write my next story about those experiences - if I ever get out of this New World. Stay tuned and follow the New World Police Plotter

No comments: